K and I got married on May 15, 2010. He is truly perfect for me. He's my matching giraffe and favorite person.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Its a mad world out there

So I finally left the house the other night. I went with K to his band practice. It was thoroughly distracting and it did help. Besides one insensitive comment it was a good evening. The delicious artery clogging McDonald's probably helped as well. We don't eat a ton of fast food in our house. It was a nice treat. I played Yahtzee and watched over an adorable toddler. I'm glad I chose that day to come out of the house and do something. I have been feeling better about everything since then. We even made plans for a group date type thing on Sunday. We are going to have people come over and have dinner with us. I'm looking forward to it.
In other news, our one and only car is giving us problems. We thought it might be the fuel filter so we replaced it and it turns out it wasn't the fuel filter. We plan on replacing the air filter and spark plugs next. If that doesn't fix it then its onto the oxygen sensors. I really really don't want to deal with a broken car right now. Its just one more stress that we don't need.
Speaking of stress, I feel like we aren't catching any breaks right now. I'm trying to look at things in a positive light but its hard when things are happening left and right. We will be fine. I know that. I also know that the trials we are facing are only going to make us stronger. We can't know joy without first knowing sorrow. I know this. I just want the joy to happen soon. I really really know sorrow. Maybe I'm just complaining too much. Its just hard to have these trials and not know the Lord's plan. There is a reason we are going through this but I find it hard to cope when I don't see the direction. The path is there but I don't know where its leading us. We just have to get through all this and then we can look back and see the reasons.

No comments: