K and I got married on May 15, 2010. He is truly perfect for me. He's my matching giraffe and favorite person.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today was my original due date

Do you guys remember these posts? #1 #2 and #3? Well today was my original due date. At six weeks along I lost the baby. Today was the day my baby would have been due.
I didn't know how I would handle the miscarriage. Its not something that a woman gets over. Not really. I fell in love with that baby the first time I saw that second line on a pregnancy test. It does get easier but its still a loss. I still cry once in awhile about that baby. I had a breakdown at Babies R Us while I was registering. I met a woman whose daughter was pregnant and due in March. I then turned a corner and saw little newborn outfits for St. Patty's day babies. I just lost it. The loss is very real and very hard to get over.
On the one hand I miss that baby terribly but on the other hand I am so fortunate to be pregnant now with our little Elizabeth. We are truly blessed to have this child.
That miscarriage in a way was a blessing. It made my relationship with Kevin so much stronger. He is truly my rock. He was there for me to cry on. He was understanding and sweet. I know he felt the loss as well. It was hard on both of us. I didn't want that trial in my life but I was able to grow from it and learn so much about myself, Kevin and our life together as a couple. That's a blessing.
I know things happen for a reason. God has a plan. He gives us trials and struggles so we can grow and become stronger. I know that without a shadow of a doubt. He loves me. He loves my family and he has blessed us with the opportunity to expand that family. I'm thankful for that.
Today is a bittersweet day.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to miscarry! When i was first pregnant with Scarlet I didn't tell anyone until i was 13 weeks because I showed signs that I was miscarrying at 8 weeks. I bawled every day because you really do become so attached to that little speck the minute you know it exists.

The best thing is we know you'll will get to see that little baby again :). And you'll get a cute little button-nosed Elizabeth here soon :)